The Singular Pilgrim, travels on sacred ground: Today’s Booksale find

Some seasoned female homos came to visit my MIL today, can’t hear nothing other than – kumadre, kumadre, oh my gosh will I be doing the same when I reach sunset of my life? I don’t know, but what I know is that I need to vacate the house and go somewhere else, well, situations like this will always bring me to NBS, Fully Booked and since I remember I need to make this blog running I dropped by PLDT and paid my phone bill, there was no one on queue so it was just a breeze dropping my Ninoys. I head off to another mall at the south, I’m mall rat ya know, but nothing sort of a swipie baby, I hate it to the highest degree paying monthly card bills, instead you’ll find me here dusting, sitting, squatting, whatever.

I wonder why there are only two ‘Booksale’ stores here in Davao, the other one is secluded deep in the piles of ‘all-the-same shoes’ counters and stalls of dbd-dbd at an old Davao famed store Lachmi – now a mall-type sort of store which housed practically everything a capitalist can think of selling, a place no one would know a pile of Negima is waiting to be taken home – unless you’re a book rat like me.

The other store enjoyed quite a good exposure, if you frequent the comfort room of NCCC Mall in Matina you’ll likely notice a corner wall of books along your way – that if you’re not in a hurry servin’ some peepin’ sh.. t as its inchin’ near your butt cheek.

Anyway, dusted a treasure today … it’s Rosemary Mahoney’s ‘The Singular Pilgrim, Travels on Sacred Ground’. The blurb is so interesting and the price is more so appealing – what about shelling P45 for this book? Awesome! This book chronicles her travels and her stories to the so-called hallowed grounds of this world. I love it when authors inject humor in their narratives. The blurbs suggest you’ll encounter remarkable hilarities infused in a somber journey of the writter … Can’t wait, I should start now…

Share Button

Mood:

This entry was posted in Awesome Reads and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to The Singular Pilgrim, travels on sacred ground: Today’s Booksale find

1. Gee says:

Reading a book is very addicting specially when you find a book that’s really a page turner.

2. Ria C says:

I love books! My room is filled with books! I had to donate some at one point because my cabinet could not hold more books :)

3. Nova says:

very interesting, i bet that would take your time pass and have a good reading experience with that book…

4. papaleng says:

Ah, gone are the days that I can’t sleep the night without reading a book. Now I have to content myself reading the Bible. The book your into seems a nice one.

5. Alex says:

I have an iPad and my wife owns a Kindle Fire… but we still collect books. There’s something in books that its electronic counterparts could never have – the aura and feel of reading in print as oppose to reading in a led screen.

6. Aggie says:

Fellow bookworm over here too! It has been a while though since I bought a paperback – been reading on the iBooks app of my phone it has been cheaper for me. Let me know how the book fares!

7. cheerful says:

interesting find I am sure, great value too. bookshop is always part of our weekend routine, hubby and kids loves books…:) and like you, I am happy that I am not a swipie baby, hehehe! happy reading.

8. Lainy says:

That’s a good find, Vernz. I’ve missed reading a good book and raiding the bookstores. I just don’t have the luxury of time for now. I am just so green with envy whenever I see peepz like you taking the time to find a good book to read. I can’t wait to read your review ;-)

9. Dhemz says:

hehhee…there’s always a scene about your MIL….kidding!

can’t afford to buy books these days…maong taman rako borrow sa library…would like to read this book teVernz.

10. I love reading books once in a while, and read more pocketbooks :)

11. Algene says:

I also love reading, Mommy Vernz. Namimiss ko na tuloy magbasa ng non-law school books :p

12. emzkie says:

here in US every where you go u will find a book store that sells cheap books. but i go to the flea market where i can buy 3 hardcover books of Daniel Steel for $2.50. and of course there is more choices from other genres. and there is also a box full of books for a dollar only. =D u will gonna love it for sure.

13. Marie says:

I wanna read it! :)
    There should be a NBS outlet here in my area. It’s a lot of struggle for me to go to Davao just to buy a book! huhuhu. Well, I’m forced to purchase books online though. I usually buy books in the NBS site!

I shall look for this one, online. This seems a very good read!